Oddlabs Forum

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:17 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: loopback interface... help
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:14 pm 
hi everyone,

I had succesfully installed the game, but when i try to run it, a box shows, telling me that the
(step 1) loopback interface isn't working and that i have to check my network configuration. I've installed Microsoft Loopback Adapter, then restarted machine. After that, the game actualy worked, but....

i had chosen a single player mode and started ... i were waiting some time and then another box poped up... msg: waiting for other player to join (or sth like that)... and counting time: 260, 259, ... (to developers:have you really made a single player mode thru network adapter)... I didn't want to wait that long, and I closed the connection. Next time i was trying to start a single player or anything else, there was msg like: could not make connection to host...
I restarted the game and GOTO step1.. :)

someone please take me out of this endless loop... I really want to play this game...
by the way, it is demo version of the game.... my OS Windows XP...
sorry for bad english
tnx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:18 pm 

hmm never heard about that happening before... hopefully the devs can help you out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:53 pm 
Administrator

In reality a loopback device has nothing to do with the network. It is just a way to communicate internally with the program itself as you would with the network. We do this so there is no difference on the code regardless if it is a singleplayer or multi player game. All windows installations should have a loopback interface by default. There is no need to install anything extra or do any special setup. I suspect that either your system has some kind of error, or you have a very aggressive firewall that is somehow interfering.

- Sune

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]