Oddlabs Forum

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:59 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: studdering on map movement
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:29 am 

Hello,

I downloaded the demo and am loving the game. I would like to purchase but am having a problem I hope you can help me with. Heres my specs:
Win XP SP 2.0
P4 1.3GHZ
640 Mg RAM
GEForce MX 2 32 mg downloaded newest drivers today
The game itself runs great but when I try to pan around the island, the panning lags, studders, and jumps. It makes the game hard to play because I cant accuratly pan to any particular area; instead when the game catches up it pans well beyond where I wanted to go just like lag. However Im not playing over the net at this time (demo version).

I completed the last tutorial, and when the camera is still, the game runs great; even when my 50 soldiers took over the AI base the game moved along just fine. The studdering camera pan happens whether there is a lot of action on screen or none. One more thing, I followed your help FAQ and turned enable_vbo=false.

Please help! Thanks for your time and also good work on the game, its fantastic!

Jason Walsh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:14 am 
Administrator

Have you tried setting the graphics details to low in the options menu? Remember to enable vbo again, because that also helps.
You graphics card is right at the edge of our hardware requirement specs, so it might simply just be too slow. Make sure you have the latest drivers.

- Sune

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]